Why not make Becky’s Marmalade Cheesecake if you have friends coming round? It’s good any time of the day!
This is quick to make and light on the stomach! Best if served warm especially on those winter weekends at home…..watching the rugby!
- Sweet pastry dough (enough to cover the base and sides of the dish you are using)
- 1.4 kilograms ricotta cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 250 grams granulated sugar
- 250g of orange & grapefruit or orange & lemon or gin and tonic marmalade.
- 60ml heavy cream (optional)
- Icing sugar (optional for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Butter a 10-inch cake ring and base or round oven proof dish.
- Roll out enough sweet pastry dough (5mm thickness) to cover the base and sides and pop in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the ricotta, eggs, granulated sugar, orange marmalade, cream and vanilla if using.
- Pour into the pan containing the pastry dough and bake for 1 hour on 150 degrees centigrade.
- Turn off the oven and let the cake rest inside for 30 minutes. Let cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar if using.